Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Long distance spell check…

The phone rang yesterday afternoon, just as I was trying to extricate bambino dulce from his dirty pampers. I ignored it. The phone, not the diaper. I figured who ever it was could leave a message or call back later.

I squeezed some Beaudroux baby butt paste on his tuckiss and was in mid slather when the phone rang again. Again, I ignored it. The ringing stopped but then my cell phone started ringing. Suddenly, images of hurt children or spouses came blasting through my mind. So, I quickly fastned a fresh nappy on bambino’s hiney, unceremoniously slung him on my hip, dashed for the kitchen, hit the phone speaker button with my elbow and yelled, “Just a minute let me rinse my hands!”.

The person on the other end said, “No problem.”

Me: Hi, sorry about that.
Caller: No problem. Hey, you busy?
Me: Um, Younger Bro is that you? Are you okay? What’s…
Brother: Yeah, no I’m okay. I am sitting in Starbucks in Denver.
Me: Yeah, is everything okay?
Brother: Well, uh I’m filling out this job application and I was wondering if you could spell check something for me?
Me: Uh,
Brother: Guidance, does it have an “e” after the “d”?
Me: Nope. G-u-i-d-a-n-c-e.
Brother: You sure?
Me: Yep…well.. I’ll double check, you know I have spelling phobia. (I laugh and I quickly check on Word.) Yep, you’re all set.
Brother: Thanks.

Spell-check via sibling cell phone. Life’s so much better when you have siblings. Who else really understands how crazy mom is driving you or you can call long distance to check your spelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home